Thursday, August 10, 2017

Uni work - Week 3

Tuesday - No classes but I went to the university any way because I thought I'd get some extra work in. Well, actually, I mixed up my days and I thought the class that was on Wednesday was actually on Tuesday for some reason. 


Wednesday -  Was at home chilling until the time I had to go and get ready, and go catch the bus to get to uni. Suddenly I realised, my class actually starts an hour earlier than I actually thought. Again, I had mixed up the days, I thought the time for Thursdays class was actually for Wednesday. So suddenly there was a mad rush for me to get there as quickly as I could. 


In the class, I think I made some decent progress on my assignments for my projects class. I did some rough sketches of my ideas for my data visualisation, which the topic is "Travel" and I have decided to research data sets on travelling distance and time between Newcastle and the main cities around Australia via different modes of transport. I also was able to sketch down some rough ideas of what some of the pages and buttons graphics might look like for the interface of the data visualisation. Also, with a little help from my teacher I was able to make a decision to cut out some details of certain data to research to make the assignment job not seem as big.


Other than that the lesson was basically just a lesson in both InVision and Atomic, and how to use them to put together our data visualisations.


Thursday (today) - I made some progress and discussion for feedback on both my seminar presentation and essay topic. My seminar is going to be a talk about the infamous "Josiah Brooks" aka "Jazza" from "Jazza Studios" or his YouTube series "Draw with Jazza". As one of the artists on the internet that I look up to the most, I thought it fitting that I talk about him and his work, and how he influences me. My essay topic, I'm still trying to decide but I think I'm going to write about the topic of Illustration, what it takes to be a freelance Illustrator and how the idea of an illustration agency for freelance illustrator's work. But as I said I'm still working on it, but I have started my research on it now, because the more I read into it the more I actually want to know and write about it to insight others as well.


Well that's all I have to write so far, thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and I'll hopefully see you in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Best Friend

My Best Friend
This is my beautiful kitty "Rosie" (he's a boy but i named him for his rosie nose)